02 December 2008

CBC Radio - Q

"He wrote stirring verse too, this, is Q..."

I used to think that Podcasts were for commuting cubicle workers who wanted to learn Japanese. Then I realized my favorite radio show Q was available in a podcast. Q is a Canadian radio show, which debuted on CBC Radio 1 on April 16, 2007. Hosted by Jian Ghomeshi, the program is a national arts magazine show.

Jian discusses the arts - music, television, film, theatre, literature - in a way that is intellectually driven, but accessible to everyone. He asks goddamn good questions, and that's not an easy thing to do. I find myself speaking like Jian, asking questions in his authentic fumble.
His guests come from every corner of the arts community and are given free rein to speak enthusiastically and intelligently about what they are interested in. And it's incredibly stimulating! Sometimes I find myself more stimulated by Q on the bus ride home than I was by the university lecture I just left. Okay, often. This show stimulates the hell out of me!

There's something very Canadian about Q. It's polite. It's kind. And there is no way I could possibly say everything I want to say about Q in one session. So it goes.

Q airs Monday to Friday at 10am and repeats at 10pm on CBC Radio 1 93.5

Click HERE to listen or subscribe to Q podcasts.

0 COMMENTS :

Post a Comment