25 January 2009

Learning to love a place

I went on an adventure for you this afternoon. I surfed across the ice that stretched out for a few miles from our favorite beach. The pier and I were parallel. It was easy. I just followed the snowmobile tracks and brought out the photog when I needed it. The good news is my mitten string kept my mittens just where I needed them. You should take comfort in the knowledge that our plage looks like the surface of the moon right now. How beautiful. And the same anthem kept ringing in my cold and red ears: If this isn't nice, I don't know what is. If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.

When you learn to love a place, you love it even when it's frozen.
Let me have another one tomorrow. Amen.

4 COMMENTS :

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Is it winter carn yet?

Anonymous said...

Better question... Is it summer yet?

Anonymous said...

awwwww those pics are pure love! all in good times girls, and we will be back to the place we love, with the all the beautiful people!

"the economy sucks, but hey, love is still free" - HK. See you at winter carn!!!

KloppStar said...

awwwww those pics are pure love! all in good times girls, and we will be back to the place we love, with the all the beautiful people!

"the economy sucks, but hey, love is still free" - HK. See you at winter carn!!!

Post a Comment