26 March 2009

The Book Cover Archive

The Book Cover Archive was compiled by American designers Pieratt Ben and Eric Jacobsen, and contains an impressive collection of covers from throughout history. You can search the database by every imaginable category - author, title, publisher, designer - all for the 'appreciation and cateogrization' of book cover design. It's currently in its 'Steady Beta' stage, but is yelling out to be explored and enjoyed. Of the books pictured above, I really enjoy the Daschel Hammet series on the bottom row and Don DeLillo on the second row. Two of my favorite authors.

American designer Chip Kidd got me interested in book design about five years ago when I realized every book I was picking up was his design. He is absolutely prolific. I'll have to post my Chip Kidd Theory soon. It'll change your whole damn life.

Click HERE for The Book Cover Archive

2 COMMENTS :

Anonymous said...

CHIP KIDD CHIP KIDD!

Unknown said...

Hahaha!
My life often says that to me over and over again,

CHIP KIDD! CHIP KIDD! CHIP KIDD!

Post a Comment