29 November 2008

Days with My Father

Days with My Father chronicles the last days of writer photographer Phillip Toledano's father. It's a process of discovery and rediscovery as Phillip revels in the mundane events of his ailing father's last days. The photographs and text are beautifully rendered. And that deceived me at first. At moments I thought their beautifully rendered relationship was more exceptional and polished than my own could be with my own father. But I think as you scroll through the photographs and piece through the text you can see how Toledano has done a beautiful job of revealing the beautiful in the mundane. His father isn't exceptional because he was a movie star. His father is exceptional because he is a father. These images are of a job well done and a life well lived.

Beautiful.

Click HERE for Days with My Father

0 COMMENTS :

Post a Comment