26 December 2008

Q-Tip in Men's Vogue

I guess I'll add the critical condition Men's Vogue to my list of favorite magazines. It's on life support as of right now, so enjoy it while you can. The December/January 2009 volume with Kiefer Sutherland on the cover landed in my stocking this morning.

While Canadian-Kiefer was the reason for the gift, the most attractive section so far is the feature on A Tribe Called Quest alum Q-Tip by Tasha Green and photographed by Max Vadukul. The photoshoot features Q-Tip with Norah Jones wearing a Marc Jacobs dress, whom he collaborates with on the track Life is Better. Q-Tip, 38, is wearing a Tom Ford Prince of Wales Windsor suit, $5,140, shirt $640, tie, and pocket square. Bold patterns are in, kids.

Do I even need to tell you how much I love Q's third solo release The Renaissance? Do I need to tell you how I was paid in hockey card to learn Tribe songs when I was a child... again? His first solo album in almost a decade was released on Election Day and has become my favorite rap album since Graduation. The article subtly suggests he has managed to reinvent the genre. I'm not sure we're listening to reinvention, but we're listening to the talent that made A Tribe Called Quest dictate hip hop's direction until our current moment. It's a masterpiece you'll be listening to ten years from now.

0 COMMENTS :

Post a Comment